REVIEW: Feelcon 30 Days Comfy Brown (UPDATE)

I bought these lenses off Pinky Paradise back in March 2012, and never had the chance or the need to wear these until now (working at the Australian Open next week). A couple of years back I bought Hana 30 Days from Pinky Paradise and absolutely fell in love with them. Before I could purchase more, it was apparently rebranded under Feelcon 30 Days. I think when I bought these, they had a buy 3 get 1 free promo. From what I can remember, one of them was okay and the others weren't as comfortable. If I had known then I would've bought a mountain of Hana 30 Days. #hoarder

I was a bit suspicious when I first received these. It was a different packaging to the Hana 30 days, and there were so many spelling mistakes. Apparently the manufacturer is "SP&EYE Co. LTD" but I haven't been able to find any or much information on them, plus their website is down? But upon further reading there's this document that states that Hana is being distributed by Feelcon.

30 Days Comfy Brown
Life span: 1 month
Base curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water content: 55%

Enlargement: 4/5
These look massive compared to the Puffy 3 Tones Grey although they're the same size. They are natural looking, but I would probably recommend at least a tiny bit of mascara and or eyeliner, but you won't need much makeup.

Colour & Design: 4/5
If you have dark brown / brown eyes these will subtly enhance your eyes. The brown is quite natural and it has spikes pointing towards the centre. I reckon unless someone is up close and in your face, I don't think they'll be able to tell.

Comfort: 0.5/5
Oh god these were so uncomfortable! Even though I soaked them for more than 8 hours and inserted them in the correct side they kept sliding around so I could only wear them for the duration of the shoot which lasted little over half an hour? They are no way near as comfortable as the Hana 30 days. Other people have also left reviews about how uncomfortable they were.

Overall: -
I wouldn't recommend these, just because they're incredibly uncomfortable (how ironic). I was a bit worried that my cornea was going to get scratched or something. But some people have had luck with these, so purchase these at your own risk!

xx

UPDATE 15/01/14

After leaving a review on their facebook page, Pinky Paradise asked me to contact them, so I sent them an email about the discomfort of the lens and pretty much what I wrote here. They emailed me back:
Dear Tran, 
Thank you for your email.
First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused. We have try to check what is your order number but it seems like it is not in our record. Can you please provide us with your full name and the email address that you use to place your order before?We need to check your order number beforehand. 
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks
I forwarded the conformation email that I received from their system when I first purchased the lens a couple years back. (I have over 7000 emails in my inbox...)
Dear Tran, 
We will proceed with the replacement of your order. We will shipped out 1 new pair of 30Days Natural Circle Brown with power -1.00 for both eyes is that correct? Please kindly provide us with your full name and your shipping address too. 
Thanks.

UPDATE 11/02/14

Nearly a month later I've received the lenses!! They've come in different packaging. I've yet to try them on though, will update when I do. 

Typos, I can't even...
Alarms go off each time I see a typo, it does seem quite sus.
I do prefer blister packages to vials, but these lens were stuck to the package.
I had to carefully peel the lens off the plastic packaging... 
There were little white marks on my lens, they weren't protein and didn't rub off... 
No makeup/lens
Comparison
Window light / natural day light
Indoor light
Indoor light + flash
Google+ auto awesome automatically creates a gif for me hehe

Here's a clip of how much the lens slid.

No comments:

Post a Comment